cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewb1981
Explorer
Jump to solution

Migration MDS to SMS

Hi, have a customer with an MDS management environment running R81.10 JHF 109 on a Checkpoint appliance.

There are 5 domains with 2 x Quantum R81.10 Clusters in each and 1 Global Domain.

The Global Domain contains most of the Network Objects but not all, some reside in each individual Domain.

I need to migrate them from MDS to an SMS environment.

Now I have looked at sk156072 section 3c and it suggests I run on the MDS

mgmt_cli export-management [version "TARGET_VERSION"] domain-name "domain1" file-path "/var/log/domain1_exported.tgz" --domain 'System Data' --format json

Copy the exported.tgz file to the SMS

Then run on the SMS

$MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server migrate_import_domain  [-l | -x] /<Full Path>/<Name of Exported File>.tgz

My question is there are 5 domains & 1 Global - How do I get all Domains, for want of a better phrase, "Merged" into one on the SMS. Is this possible, if not any suggestions on how I might achieve this ?

Your help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Merging domains into a single SMS/Domain is not something supported out of the box. It is doable via management APIs, with exporting and then importing objects and policy packages, though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Merging domains into a single SMS/Domain is not something supported out of the box. It is doable via management APIs, with exporting and then importing objects and policy packages, though.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events