Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter2020
Explorer

Migrating management server from R80.20 to R80.40 with different IP addresses

I need to migrate a management server R80.20 to a new management server R80.40 but the new management server needs to be a different IP address due to a new location.   Could anyone tell me best way to go about this please?

I saw this sk73120 on the internet https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Is this a good way of doing the migration?  if so is it ok for R80.40 (as not listed on the sk?  

Also a bit unclear on steps 1 and 2 see below - create dummy object etc?

1.On the original Security Management server (before the export), create a Secondary "dummy" (without SIC) Management object with the IP address of the destination machine (the new Security Management server).

2.Save and install policy on the Gateways. Delete the dummy object and install database (without policy installation

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

peter2020
Explorer

Ok thanks for your reply.   Do you know what you have to do for the below anyhow, I was just wondering.  Thanks

1.On the original Security Management server (before the export), create a Secondary "dummy" (without SIC) Management object with the IP address of the destination machine (the new Security Management server).

2.Save and install policy on the Gateways. Delete the dummy object and install database (without policy installation

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events