Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cem82
Contributor
Jump to solution

Migrating SMS to MDS (and MDS to SMS) differing instructions R81.10

Hi

I'm confused as to if you should use export-management or export-management?  I would think will be export-management from SMS server is the correct one and a typo in the installation/upgrade guide?  Similar goes for CMA to SMS server but use migrate-export-domain.  It seems some of the Follow for R81 and lower and R81.10 and higher is around the wrong way in certain parts?

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk156072
Domain migration between a Security Management Server and Multi-Domain Management servers
(3-B-a) Export a Security Management Server:
On R81.10 and higher, run:

mgmt_cli export-management [version "<TARGET_VERSION>"] file-path "/var/log/Mgmt_exported.tgz" is-smc-to-mds true --domain 'System Data' --format json

However in the installation and upgrade guide https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_Installation_and_Upgrade_Gui...
mgmt_cli -d "System Data" migrate-export-domain file-path "/var/log/SecMgmtServer_Export.tgz" include-logs "false"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emmap
Employee
Employee

Follow the instructions in the SK, I've worked with them recently and they work.

View solution in original post

(1)
4 Replies
emmap
Employee
Employee

Follow the instructions in the SK, I've worked with them recently and they work.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@emmap is 100% right, sk is exactly what you need to follow, even TAC would tell you the same.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
cem82
Contributor

OK so follow the SK rather than admin guide which was my gut feeling anyway but wasn't able to lab, good to know for future if ever need to.

My main reason for querying was for the CCMS exam which I've passed now anyway 🙂

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yup, follow sk rather than admin guide 🙂

Congrats on the exam 💪

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events