Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nenad_Odic
Contributor

Mgmt confusion during the change of GW appliances

I have one dilemma in smart console part of creating a cluster object with the same VIP as the currently active old appliance.

So my question is it enough just to disconnect old GW so that it turns red in console *no connection*,leave it as an object in console ,and than creating cluster object with same VIP .In fact i am confused with possibility that i can not give those IP addresses because they are already taken by the disconnected old GW.

So is it smart to delete old gw object before i start creating the cluster object ?Please is there some pitfalls there?

Thanks in advance

PS:

I have already configured the appliances as it should so they are configured and waiting to be created as a cluster with VIPs from the old GW.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You should be able to add another FW cluster with the same VIP only while the private addresses are different for all cluster members. Otherwise, you will have to remove the old cluster object before anything else.  

0 Kudos
Nenad_Odic
Contributor

Thank you Val ,

just to clear it up for you i have single old gateway and two new ones.Those new are configured with different private addressing for future cluster membership.So i want to use VIP(new appliances cluster) that are currently  on this old GW.

My goal is just to change appliances not to devise policy and settings from the scratch,those are in place and i do not want loose it.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Should not be in issue. Even if there is a conflict, you can redefine your "old" FW external IPs to something else. Policy packages should not be affected at all. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events