Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louis_Poulin
Collaborator

Management High Availability : are logs synced too?

Running R80.20, when you have management HA, are the logs synced between the security management servers?

If I have 6TB of logs on one security management server and I configure a secondary management server, will it sync 6TB of logs from the primary server to the secondary server?

And what will happen with logging when the primary management server goes down? Will the gateways start to use the secondary as their log server?

I cannot find anything in the Security Management R80.20 documentation about logs. On page 271, it only mentions :

• policies
  • rules
  • user definitions
  • network objects
  • system configuration settings.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Logs are not synced between management servers.

Please see https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Management-Topics/Document-Logging-in-R80-in-a-single-se...

Regards,

Vladimir

Louis_Poulin
Collaborator

I Don't know if it is because I'm running VSX, but I cannot specifiy which server where to send the logs:

Logs-where to send.png

Do you think it might be a limitation of VSX? Or is it because I didn't switch to Management HA yet?

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Have you already installed the second management server and have configured it as "Secondary Management" during First Time Configuration Wizard?

After that, have you created its object, established SIC with it, installed the database, published changes and installed the policy?

If any of the above steps were omitted, then you will not be presented with the log target selection section.

Martin_Valenta
Advisor

That you set on VSX cluster object and not on virtual system

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events