cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George_Ellis
Advisor
Jump to solution

MDS SmartConsole - Second Domain launch fails to start

SmartConsole 81.20.9700.655 (started with 654)

My work flow while doing rule remediation is to open a console by context clicking on the domain from the MDS Domains view, and opening "Connect to domain (Active Server).  The first console opens.  Next, I start another session to select as Read Only.  I use the write session to lookup rules and possible change remarks/title/elective fields.  Read I use for my log searches via UID.

Anyway, the next session starts the first splash screen, but never gets to the next one.  The session hangs on the crown screen that is not available on the desktop (cannot bring that session to the foreground).

I have opened a case, but Diamond is not able to get it behave like that.  I have deleted CPMIcache and that has no affect on the failure.  It is inconsistent.  It can work on other domains, but not always.

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

Easy work around, can start a new console from the app icon, select read only and enter the domain IP.

smfail.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

For the CPD issue also refer to sk182370

Multi-Domain Management Server or Security Management Server do not respond because of a high number of CPD processes in a zombie state

View solution in original post

6 Replies
George_Ellis
Advisor

After uninstalling .655, installing .656, delete cpmiCache, and a reboot, the issue seems to have resolved itself.  The reboot was required as it did it again before the reboot.  I cannot recreate it this morning AND SmartConsole loads faster.

0 Kudos
George_Ellis
Advisor

And after a day, nope, .656 does not fix it.

0 Kudos
S_E_
Advisor

hi, just a guess.

yes similar issue experienced with R81.20 MDS. Randomly crashed SmartConsole while connecting to a DMS.

I assume your mdsstat command show everything fine?

At the end 'ps -aef | grep cpd' showed more than 400 cpd processes.

Got a hotfix from TAC. Afterthat all fine

Regards

George_Ellis
Advisor

There are a lot of cpd processes running and all the way back to May.  I will let our Diamond engineer know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

For the CPD issue also refer to sk182370

Multi-Domain Management Server or Security Management Server do not respond because of a high number of CPD processes in a zombie state

George_Ellis
Advisor

The sk says this command will produce a positive number,  "ps aux | grep -i cpd | grep -i defunct | wc -l"

876, yep, positive.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events