Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H1pp0o
Participant

MDS HA Change leading IP

Hi All,

R81.20

I would like to ask you for some help / advise.

We build up a MDS HA.  Unfortunately we have to change the IP address so we followed the process:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_Installation_and_Upgrade_Gui...

It did work for the the primary MDS but for the second it doesn’t. Even on bottom there is a note:

“ If you just installed the Secondary Multi-Domain Server or Multi-Domain Log Server, and it is necessary to change the server's IP address, you only need to change the $MDSDIR/conf/LeadingIP file “

Doesn’t matter non of the option works and this process for the secondary fail. If we look into the DB we see following:

MDS-problem.JPG

Also I noticed that some process shows "T" state or are flapping. I also try to rebuild the VM with clean install - same situation. 

Please advice.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

For secondary MDS and domain servers, I would go and just remove the old one completely, then install a clean secondary from scratch and recreate all further secondary entities. 

0 Kudos
H1pp0o
Participant

Hi Val,

thank you for answer. And if I can't do that - how can I overcome this ? I see in the log that it's using the 172.x.x.x IP instead the interface one.

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I am not sure where this IP is coming from in the first place. You are saying, it is not a production IP address? I would suggest a service request with TAC to clean this out.

H1pp0o
Participant

yes this very strange. as this IP was never typed in during the installation at any stage ( even other interfaces ). I'll speak to TAC.

thank you

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please keep us posted

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events