Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cem82
Contributor
Jump to solution

MDM HA failover all DMS R81.20

Hi

Is there a quicker / easier way to fail over all DMS/CMA in one go rather than having to go into each one to fail over from Standby > Active?  We're not wanting to promote the Secondary MDM to Primary, just change standby > active.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

No. By design, management HA only supports manual failover 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

No. By design, management HA only supports manual failover 

0 Kudos
cem82
Contributor

Yeah I understand it's manual failover, what I'm asking is that say we have 50 domains and it takes around 2 min to load smartconsole to each that'd take a while to do one by one.  I'm wondering if there's a way to fail them all over (manually) but all in one go

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

No, there is not any other way

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

You can use API call "set ha-state".

Best would be to create some small script which will check state of all domains (including Global Domain). Based on need, you can use "set ha-state" to set one domain as Active and others as Standby.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Duane_Toler
Advisor

Check Point provides an Ansible module for this, too:

https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/collections/check_point/mgmt/cp_mgmt_set_ha_state_module.htm...

Note, however, that the management server API set-ha-state is only available since R80.40 + Jumbo HFA 78.  Likewise, you also need Ansible module v5.0.0 or higher.  Be sure you have these minimum requirements.

Setup your Ansible inventory for each MDS, plus each domain, in an organized way, and you can automate this process to ensure consistency and that you don't miss anything.  

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

This is actually a very good idea

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events