cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dale_Lobb
Advisor
Jump to solution

Log Exporter configurationa and deployment via SmartConsole

SK122323 clearly states that it is possible to configure and deploy Log Exporter via SmartConsole without versus the CLI:

"There are two ways to configure Log Exporter: SmartConsole and CLI."

However, the SK then refers one to the version documentation for the SmartConsole method:

"To configure the Log Exporter in SmartConsole, see the Logging and Monitoring Administration Guide for your version."

However, having just read the R80.40 Logging and Monitoring Administration Guide, there is no mention of SmartConsole in the Log Exporter section at all.  Note that the version of the manual I am using was last updated "11 May 2021".

I opened a TAC case about this and got back that SmartConsole integration is on the roadmap, but not complete.  So, at best, the SK122323 statements are premature. 

Does anyone know when SmartConsole integration with Log Exporter will be complete and available?  I'd rather use the GUI than the CLI, because it's more likely to be sustainable in the future, as I am the only Linux expert on the firewall team (e.g. "Comfortable with CLI tools and editors").

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

LogExporter can be configured directly in SmartConsole UI starting from R81

You can find info about that in the online help:
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81/SmartConsole_OLH/EN/Content/Topics-OLH/s8drzUhc0DgI45YT7A7z... 

Here is what it looks like in the UI:

Log Exporter UI.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

LogExporter can be configured directly in SmartConsole UI starting from R81

You can find info about that in the online help:
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81/SmartConsole_OLH/EN/Content/Topics-OLH/s8drzUhc0DgI45YT7A7z... 

Here is what it looks like in the UI:

Log Exporter UI.png

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I would, of course, leave feedback on sk122323 if you haven't already. 
That said, there are some limited syslog capabilities that can be enabled from SmartConsole, but it's not Log Exporter.

As for a specific plan regarding enabling Log Exporter via SmartConsole or similar, not familiar with any near-term roadmap on this.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Ah, clearly missed this was added in R81 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events