cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cuacahattan
Explorer

Log Exporter Failed on Start on Management Server R81

Hi everyone

I have security management R81 JH take 60, and I'm enabling log exporter to send syslog to another server.

We've created a log exporter object via CLI and smartdasboard, but I see in cp_log_export status:

Name: xxx

I have restarting the log exporter "cp_log_exporter restart name xxx" but the restart failed.

Process EXPORTER.xxx failed on start

Please help me.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You might try this, but you might want to engage with the TAC if this doesn’t work: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

0 Kudos
cuacahattan
Explorer

Hi Thank you.

im already to run "cp_log_export reconf" and then try again to start log exporter but the result is same. "failed on start"

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I recall once mgmt reboot fixed that exact same issue. As far as sk phoneboy gave, never tried it myself, but only references R77.30, but you can give it a go.

Andy

0 Kudos
cuacahattan
Explorer

Hi Thank you.

Im already to reboot management server, but the result is same,  "failed on start"

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Then I agree with @PhoneBoy , contact TAC, see if they can assist. The only other thing I would try is maybe delete the log exporter config and try set it up again. Not so confident that will fix it, but its quick things to try.

Andy

0 Kudos
Mike_Jensen
Advisor

Were you every able to get this resolved.  I am running into the same issue in lab testing R81.20 and would be curious to know what fixed it for you.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events