Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Paterson
Advisor

Legacy SmartConsole Apps

Its about the SmartUpdate, SmartEvent, SmartView Monitor and SmartDashboard (and dare I say SmartView Tracker) legacy apps.

When will they be fully consolidated into the R80.x SmartConsole? (not asking about SmartView Tracker in this instance).

In the meantime it could perhaps be beneficial to have the launch options (links) all grouped together in one place, perhaps the Application Menu, as is the case with SmartUpdate (although the legacy app name is not exposed)?

Of course the existing links in their current locations are valid and only a short orientation period is required to learn them but to give the optimisation and efficiency in administration the links grouped together might be better for now.

Don

8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to clarify what you said:

• SmartView Tracker is deprecated, so no chance that gets included Smiley Happy
  • SmartEvent is mostly integrated, except for the Event Policy settings which are in the separate UI
  • For the other things still in SmartDashboard, the plan is to move those into SmartConsole

As far as timelines for tying all these things in, they haven't been finalized.

I do like the idea of having the links for those legacy apps centralized, though.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

>>SmartView Tracker is deprecated, so no chance that gets included

It is actually there, with a slightly changed name... Just saying...

0 Kudos
Don_Paterson
Advisor

I call the embedeem SmartConsole log viewer SmartLog but anyway...

While you're here can you give any info on the SmartView Tracker feature Remote log file management (switch and fetch from remote gateway) and if that is already hidden in the SmartConsole or if it will come back to exist in the SmartConsole?

To be clear. I know I can open SmartView Tracker R80.x (today) and attach to the $FWDIR/log/ active or archive or I can do the same in SmartConsole R80.x, using the options button and File Open (and get the 'your going about this the slow way' message but can I do remote file management in the unified SmartConsole?

And why isn't there an archive button in the Log properties of management and log servers so that a schedule can be set in the GUI for a zip and ship of archived logs?

Just curious .

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Huh, I didn't even realize those were features Smiley Happy

Those would definitely be "nice to haves" in the new SmartConsole (or more specifically, the SmartView piece).

0 Kudos
Don_Paterson
Advisor

Indeed :-). The fetch logs feature was neat (it even did appended the fw object name to the switched log file name (with two underscores between them).

Only the merge logs part was missing from the Tracker (fw mergelogs). I guess that is not anything interesting nowadays and as longs as SOLR indexed fetched logs (for SmartLog and SmartEvent) then it could be good. 

0 Kudos
Don_Paterson
Advisor

Is there any news that can be found on a SmartConsole GUI-based logswitch & fetchlogs feature (as per this thread)?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Haven't heard anything about this and don't see them in R81.10.

0 Kudos
Don_Paterson
Advisor

If I need to I will start e new thread but this seems like a good one to ask about an target dates or versions that the old SmartConsole legacy app components (SmartDashboard, SmartView Monitor, SmartEvent and SmartUpdate) will embedded into the so called  Unified SmartConsole.

Answers on a postcard 😉

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)