Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donnie125
Participant
Jump to solution

Issues during disable a rule on old policy package

Dear Expert,

I encountered problems when I disabled the rule on the old policy package that we stopped using a long time ago.

During the troubleshooting, we found some service is still inspected on the rule with the old policy packet causing the service have issues. After we discussed it internally, we decided to disable the rule on the old policy packet and plan to delete and remove it from Manage Policy due to we still have another policy package running. Unfortunately, disabling the rule poses a problem in our operation.

Old policy package = Standard

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Could you kindly share any advice with me?

CP_OS_R81.10

CP_Policy_Package.png

CP_Policy_Package_Override.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Donnie125
Participant

Dear PhoneBoy,

Thank you for your sharing.

I found the real issues due to my team installing the new rule on the existing package (Standard) that caused the gateway to work on AC Policy and Threat Prevention Policy with  (Standard) and override the current rule.

Now I have fixed this issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

There are two policies here, Network Security and Threat Prevention. Which one is problematic?

0 Kudos
Donnie125
Participant

Dear Val,

After disabling all existing rules on the old policy package, we select network security and threat prevention and install them to override.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Clearly you created a new policy package (Standard_something) and are intending to install it on a gateway with a different policy package installed (Standard).
This is not an error, but a warning to confirm this is what you intended to do. 

0 Kudos
(1)
Donnie125
Participant

Dear PhoneBoy,

Thank you for your sharing.

I found the real issues due to my team installing the new rule on the existing package (Standard) that caused the gateway to work on AC Policy and Threat Prevention Policy with  (Standard) and override the current rule.

Now I have fixed this issues.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events