Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonSnow1
Explorer
Jump to solution

Issues after changing IP address of standby SMS

Hi all

I recently had to move our standby SMS to a new data centre which meant that I had to change its IP address. The database sync with the primary SMS has been established again and the standby SMS is receiving logs, so the move appears to have worked well, but I have two minor issues which I've been unable to resolve:

1) In the Primary SMS when you select Management High Availability the standby peer still shows the old IP address, and if you click Actions>Connect to this server it gives error "Failed to connect to this server". However, it does show that it has successfully synced in the last few minutes. If I connect to the Standby SMS via Smart Console in Read Only mode and select Management High Availability it shows the correct IP address, says that it has synced in the last few minutes, and any recent changes I make in the primary firewall rules shows up in the standby. So sync is definitely established, there is just a minor annoyance of the Primary SMS still showing the Standby SMS with its old IP address when I open Management High Availability.

2) In the Primary SMS when you search the Logs it shows a message at the top saying "Problems have occurred during search" and when I click on it for more details it says "Log server is disconnected (IP: New IP address of Standby SMS). If I connect to the Standby SMS in Read Only mode and open the Logs they are updating fine and do not show any error messages.

So these problems both appear to be cosmetic but I'm not sure how to resolve them. I have installed the database after making the IP address change, and I am considering resetting the SIC between the Primary and the Standby to see if that helps but I wanted to check if anyone has come across this before and could suggest a better course of action?

Please see attached pictures, the old address of the Standby SMS ended ".52", and the new address ends ".11"

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

Issue with showing old IP address was fixed in R80.40 Jumbo 172:

PRJ-37634,
PRHF-22693

Security Management

After changing the IP address of the Secondary Management Server, the old IP address is still shown in the High Availability window until the services are restarted.

Correct steps how to change IP address on Security Management Server is described here:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Version/JHF level?
What precise steps did you take to change the IP?

0 Kudos
JonSnow1
Explorer

R80.40 GAIA, JHF take 125

Steps were 

1) Run cpstop on standby SMS

2) Change standby SMS interface IP in webgui

3) Power down and move standby SMS to new data centre, power on and establish routing connectivity to primary SMS

4) In SmartDashboard change standby SMS object and topology to new IP and install database, check sync is established.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Now that you've moved your secondary management to a different network, you might also need to do some additional steps.
Refer to: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

Issue with showing old IP address was fixed in R80.40 Jumbo 172:

PRJ-37634,
PRHF-22693

Security Management

After changing the IP address of the Secondary Management Server, the old IP address is still shown in the High Availability window until the services are restarted.

Correct steps how to change IP address on Security Management Server is described here:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
JonSnow1
Explorer

Thanks I'll look at upgrading

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events