Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marko_Keca
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a way to share View created by one user with other users?

I have created custom View and I'm the only admin who can see it.

How can I share it with others?

Also when I click on Export template, nothing happens.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

--

Marko

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Just export your View Template to the Tasks Archive.

Then download it from the Tasks Archive to share it.

View solution in original post

Dror_Aharony
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

The Smartview sharing feature should be in the next upcoming version - R80.40 (several months away).

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Just export your View Template to the Tasks Archive.

Then download it from the Tasks Archive to share it.

Marko_Keca
Contributor

Thanks Danny!

I obviously missed part with Tasks - Archive. 🙂

So sharing is possible only by sending downloaded template to other user.

If I change something, I have to do all steps again to export and send, and other users must delete old template and add new one.

I must admit it is not most convenient way to do it.

It would be great to share it with others without all that hassle. By default it should be visible to all users, like all others built in views, and editable by creator only with option to give others edit rights.

Regards,

--

Marko

Kfir_Dadosh
Collaborator

That was exactly the original design. It was postponed due to priority.

I hope we would be able to deliver this solution sometime in the near future.

Thanks,

Kfir Dadosh

Travis_Krings
Participant

Does Check Point have an estimate of when this feature may be added?  Not being able to have reports visible to everyone is really inconvenient in an environment with several administrators.  I can export them for the ~10 people who would want to use them, but having to re-export every time I make a small change to a report/view and ask all of those people to re-import is really not a good long term solution for a reporting product.

Kfir_Dadosh
Collaborator

Hi,

We have developed the feature to allow sharing of views and reports with fellow admins, including generated PDFs and scheduled reports.

We would like to do short usability test for the feature. Would appreciate any customer/partner that would like to experience with it and share his feedback.

Please contact me directly at my email: dadosh@checkpoint.com

0 Kudos
Geir_Olav_Skei
Participant

Hi Kfir,

Is there is any development on the views-sharing functionality? We are Running R80.30 with latest HFA and can not seem to find any share functionality within SmartConsole nor find any description of the sort within the manual. 

--Geir Olav

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I was shown the new sharing option earlier this week, looks very promising, also asked for the option to take ownership of a shared view/report.

We have gone another route in the mean time, for reporting (as we are an MSP) when admin 1 creates a report/view for a customer and 2 days later another admin needs to make changes to it as dmin 1 is not present, we decided to use a generic reporting user instead.

Regards, Maarten
Dror_Aharony
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

The Smartview sharing feature should be in the next upcoming version - R80.40 (several months away).

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I know there is an SK on how to view scheduled reports created by user A wnich has left the company, to change it to be owned by user B.

I'm unable to find it. Anyone?

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Shared reports could be seen by other users. You can find all the information about shared reports in the Check Point R80.40 Logs and Monitoring Admin Guide (starts on page 45): https://dl3.checkpoint.com/paid/16/1606f1dc31bdc2709ee77fdda65fb415/CP_R80.40_LoggingAndMonitoring_A...

Basically, if a report is shared, super users could take control over it and become the owners.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Very nice Amin, however when the systems are still on R80.30 those options are not available.

I found SK 120674 that shows where the reports per user are and this allows me at least to remove them.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

First thing, if you have the credentials of the admin, simply log-in, in the SmartView catalog select the view/report and then actions -> Export template and then Import for another user.

I'll make an assumption that you already know this and you don't have the credentials. I'm going to suggest something that is not official but I tried on my lab, doesn't suppose to have any serious risk:

You'll need expert mode. The database of the of SmartView is located on $RTDIR/smartview/db/domains/<domain-id>/users/<user-id>/

Go to the directory of that user (you can't tell from the number but inside the directory you'll have username.txt which contains the username).

I suggest creating another admin, create an empty view with it (if nothing is created/changed it won't have a directory created), then copy the following files from the other user:

controls.xml, reports.xml and views.xml. Then you need to restart the SmartView process - $RTDIR/scripts/stopSmartView ; $RTDIR/scripts/startSmartView  .

This will duplicate the views/reports/widgets that the user created to the new user. Then I suggest exporting template and importing template to existing user, verify it works and delete the user created for the transfer and the old inaccessible user so it won't continue to run scheduled jobs.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Thanks a lot of the idea's, I will test them later.

I ended up in deleting the entire user directory, I could find the right user and domains, there were no non standard reports used, I even found a domain that no longer existed on this MDS.

Some things were buiolt and created under a different name later.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events