Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bachan
Explorer

Inconsistency in Checkpoint Access Control Rules Search Results on Smart Console

While using the search functionality of Checkpoint access control rules, while utilizing comments as search criteria, has revealed a notable inconsistency in the search results. When initiating a search, the search bar indicates the presence of four rules matching the specified criteria; however, upon examination, the displayed results showcase only a single matching rule.

In an effort to comprehensively analyse the issue, we have undertaken the exportation of the rules.  Even in the exported data, we could identify only one rule corresponding to the search parameters.

Any insights or guidance you can provide to expedite the resolution of this matter would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I recall seeing this problem back in R80.xx flavors, but never in R81+. What version are you on at the moment?

Andy

0 Kudos
Bachan
Explorer

We are running on version R81.10. Smart Console build 416 and HF take 94 on Management and Security Gateways

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

That is fairly new. Not sure why, but I know sometimes it could happen if smart console build is not updated. If it is, then might be worth opening TAC case.

Andy

0 Kudos
Bachan
Explorer

Thanks for your prompt response and sharing your inputs on the case. Since you mentioned that this was reported in version R80.XX, so could you please advise as to how we used to resolve this kind of issue on older versions? Was there any bugs which used to result in this issue as we can see build 416 is relatively new (released in July 2023). 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

No no, Im NOT saying it was reported back in R80.xx, Im saying I noticed it in those versions, but never in R81+. I dont believe its known bug though...you can certainly check with TAC.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Version/JHF of management and build of SmartConsole?
In any case, this will probably require TAC assistance: https://help.checkpoint.com 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with that 100%

Andy

0 Kudos
AaronPW
Contributor

I see this as well. I will do a search on policy rules for telnet.  I get a result of 25 rules but no rules are listed under the search results.  I get this on all of my sites on pretty much every search where the listed rules don't match the number of matches listed. We just updated the SmartConsole server to R81.20.  This makes is very difficult to do rule audits. I was hoping there was something I was missing. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats definitely same thing I see as well, latest R81.20 smart console. I assume its by design, but I get what you are saying, it would be nice is search results actually gave the rules in question.

Maybe that will come with R82, not sure...

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events