Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bishal_Upadhyay
Contributor

How to import Management Server VM configuration to Appliance(Smart-1 410) ?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to import configuration of Management server VM which has R80.20 OS; to the Smart-1 410 Appliance having same OS and same build number.

I guess "System backup" will not work here since they are of different products.

Hence I tried to use "migrate export and import method" but while trying to import into the appliance, the error pops out as  "Database migration between Standalone and Management only machines is not supported".

Any suggestions will be highly appreciable.

With Regards,

Bishal Upadhyay

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

It claims that your Source machine is a standalone configuration. Is that correct?

Thanks

Tal

0 Kudos
Bishal_Upadhyay
Contributor

Hi Tal,

Source Machine is a single Management Server but managing two gateways in cluster.
0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

What is fw stat saying on the source machine?

Can you send us a screen shot of our ccc script from both machines?

0 Kudos
Bishal_Upadhyay
Contributor

Source MachineSource Machine

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

As you can see your source machine has a firewall security policy loaded, so it's a Standalone (Firewall + Management) system. In order to be able to successfully import the migrate export into the target machine you need to change some bytes within the .tgz first. Please follow this post.

0 Kudos
Bishal_Upadhyay
Contributor

Hi Danny,

It does not work.

Failed import screenshotFailed import screenshot

While viewing the specified log file, it seems configuration file is not being able to read at.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Looks like you have not repackaged the .tgz correctly. In order for us to help your you'd need to provide more information.

0 Kudos
Bishal_Upadhyay
Contributor

Hi Danny,

First I extract the files (tar -xvf <exported_files>.tgz)in a folder named test, then changed the configuration and configuration2 file as described in the sk, after that I again compressed them into a new file (tar -zcvf <Newfile>.tgz ../test)
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events