cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minarisk1
Explorer
Jump to solution

Geo policy processing

Hi, need to know the what traffic being processed first, in the access control policy first and then pass by the geo policy, or traffic can pass first the geo policy and after that being processed from the access control policy . 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The processing of legacy Geo Policy happens before the Access Policy.
In R80.20+ you can create Access Policy rules in terms of countries using Updatable Objects, which is the recommended approach.
This allows for much more granular policy definition (block a country but allow them to access a specific resource if needed).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The processing of legacy Geo Policy happens before the Access Policy.
In R80.20+ you can create Access Policy rules in terms of countries using Updatable Objects, which is the recommended approach.
This allows for much more granular policy definition (block a country but allow them to access a specific resource if needed).

minarisk1
Explorer

hi , thanks , but in case i have R80.10 and i just need to block certain company , so normal geo policy is enough , and its processing will be before the access policy also in R80.10 

0 Kudos
cpuser1
Participant

Hello, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Is there documentation on this?  I looked through the admin guide, but could not find references to how the geo and security policy work together.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events