Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Champion
Champion

For anyone having issues with updatabale objects warnings in dashboard

Figured would share this if anyone has this problem and cloudguard stop/start or mgmt reboot does not work. TAC gave me below and I tried in 2 setups and worked like a charm. Needless to say, maybe do quick mgmt backup, or at least save content of the directory in question : - )

Procedure:
1. Change the name of the folder $MDS_FWDIR/conf/SMC_Files/uo to uo_original
2. Run cpstop && cpstart on the mgmt server
3. Re-open updatable object picker
4. Make sure the $FWDIR/conf/SMC_Files/uo was created again

I just want to clarify one thing though...I did not change the name of ou dir, all I did is below, which keeps original directory and then moves same content to a new one:

mv $MDS_FWDIR/conf/SMC_Files/uo $MDS_FWDIR/conf/SMC_Files/uo_original 

Would love to hear a feedback if any of you are having this issue, because then I can let TAC know that more people tested it and seems to be working fine.

Andy

 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Solid tip!
Definitely would love to hear others experience on this.

the_rock
Champion
Champion

Thank you sir : - ). Actually, OTAC sent me this process, but not sure where they got it from, probably R&D...either way, does not really matter where it came from, as long as it works!

Andy

0 Kudos
nzmatto
Participant

I have had the same issue, and got the same fix from TAC. This fixed the issue on the manager, however I still have the root issue on my gateways which are not updating the updatable objects. I've been through the full troubleshooting with TAC on this but so far no joy. I still have a case open with them. 

0 Kudos
fwmeister
Contributor

What version(s)?

I have a similar issue on SP 80.20 systems but not solved after months of tac attention. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Champion
Champion

Hey guys,

 

I can only speak for this process that it got rid of warnings for me on the actual dashboard. When it comes to gateways, I cant really comment, as case I had was specifically for the management side warnings.

Andy

0 Kudos
nzmatto
Participant

It's R80.40 for me. The fault is unified_dl UPDATE ONLINE_SERVICES seems to do nothing and errors out with the Update_Status.dat file showing 'an unexpected error has occurred'
The reference is    Updatable Objects are used in the policy but gateway package is missing (see sk121877).
We've tried everything in the SK but no resolution as yet. 

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Mentor
Mentor

We saw this problem in some R80.40 customer environments. Since R80.40 Jumbo take 120 on the smartcenter everything was fine. 

0 Kudos
nzmatto
Participant

This is the fault that keeps on giving. Today I logged in to my secondary manager, and attempted the same fix, however the was no uo folder at all. There was a uo_default, so I renamed that one, stopped and restarted, but still no uo directory. 
I patched my secondary firewall last night and retested that but the updateable objects are still not working on that. Tonight I'll be applying take 125 onto the primary cluster member and we'll see what happens after then. My opinion is I'll be logging a new TAC case tomorrow. 
It's like something has really gone amiss here.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Champion
Champion

Yea, I heart ya, cant say Im overly surprised. I would definitely check with TAC, for sure. Keep us posted how it goes.

0 Kudos
nzmatto
Participant

Take 125 installed on both management servers, log server and two gateways. All devices rebooted. No change. 
Everything has internet access and DNS working, etc. curl commands work blah blah blah. New case opened with Checkpoint.

[Expert@xxxxxx]# unified_dl UPDATE ONLINE_SERVICES
Entering mainloop
Unified_Download_Update_Now_CB: Activated, opq [UPDATE NOW OPAQUE]
************************************************
Got response : Request was completed successfully
Got Reason:

************************************************
Exiting mainloop
[Expert@xxxxxx:0]# cd $CPDIR/database/downloads/ONLINE_SERVICES/1.0/
[Expert@xxxxxx:0]# ls
Update_Status.dat
[Expert@xxxxxx:0]# more Update_Status.dat
(
:Last_Update_Status (9)
:Last_Update_Time (1631502873)
:Last_Update_Reason ("An unexpected error has occurred.")
)



0 Kudos