cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregory_Welch1
Participant

Endpoint server R77 or R80

Hello all,

I have been away from the Check Point world for the past 6 months because of a job change.  I also had to create a new Checkmates login that is not tied to my old employer, so not total noob, but close.  

New company has SonicWall and FortiGate firewalls, and they are underwhelming to say the least.  I am just putting together a "Migrate to Check Point" plan, but have a question.  Because of budget issues, I want to start with an Endpoint server and Sandblast clients on computers.  The reason I am asking is the R80 page has this quote, "Main-train release for customers that do not wish to deploy SandBlast Agent and/or Capsule Docs".  Does this mean R80.10 can't do endpoint, or just simply can't "Deploy" the Sandblast agent?  I have a small environment, about 50 computers, so manual distribution is not a big deal.  Goal is Sandblast agent providing A-V, Anti-Bot, Anti-Ransomware, Threat Extraction.  

Because I am starting from scratch, I would prefer to start with R80, but if Endpoint features are not comparable to R77, I may need to go with R77.  One last question, my CheckPoint SE said that Sandblast for Mac would be out in a couple of weeks, will this client work with R80, or only R77?  35 of my 50 computers are Macs, so a major factor.  

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The Endpoint Management Server that is integrated into R80.10 is equivalent to E80.64.

As SandBlast Agent requires a later version than this, you cannot manage/deploy SandBlast Agent from R80.10 management.

R80.20 will include upgraded Endpoint Management that will support this.

It's in public EA now: Check Point R80.20 Production and Public EA

Gregory_Welch1
Participant

Thank you Phoneboy, I was hoping this was the case.  

tin_truong
Explorer

good jobs bro

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events