Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcus_Smith
Participant
Jump to solution

Enabling policy installation approval

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

I am reaching out to ask for some guidance on enabling policy approval on Check Point policy installations and changes. Specifically, we would like to define a few approvers who can review and approve changes to our policies before they are installed on the Gateways.

Our organization is currently using R81.10 on the Management appliance, and any advice on how to set up this approval process would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The feature you are looking for is available with the R81.20 version of the management, and it is a part of SmartWorkflow functionality. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe you are probably after Smart workflow, but I cant seem to find anything about it even in R81.20...will keep looking.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks @_Val_ , that helps! 🙌

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The feature you are looking for is available with the R81.20 version of the management, and it is a part of SmartWorkflow functionality. 

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

If you have the latest version of the R81.20 SmartConsole, from demo mode you can experiment with the new session approval feature via "The Escapades of John Junior and Jane Senior" whose option is on the bottom of the SmartConsole.  That quoted phase sounds like a quite compelling "film" title don't you think?

Session.png

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Timothy_Hall haha, too funny : - )

0 Kudos
Marcus_Smith
Participant

Thanks for all the replies.  

@Timothy_Hall I have just had a play and I think this will do what we want.  Is it as simple as using the R81.20 console with our current R81.10 Management server to make use of this functionality? 

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

The SmartConsole version needs to match the Management server's version. Also, much of the Workflow functionality is implemented in the server code, not just in the client. Therefore, you need to upgrade your Management to R81.20 in order to use this feature.

In addition, you need to configure which admins will require change approval. This is done in their permission profile (under Manage & Settings).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events