Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimm
Participant

Eastiest way to update multi domain manager

I have a clustered pair of VMs running multi domain management R80.30. I'd like to update them to R80.40.  There is the option in CPUSE to install the major version package 'Checkpoint R80.40 Gaia Fresh Install and upgrade'. But there are also Blink packages listed such as 'R80.40 Multi Domain Server + JHF T102 for Appliances and Open Servers'. Would installing the blink package give me a more streamlined process?  Would either process require manual reconfiguration during the update itself? Or will they complete automatically as applying a HFA does?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Using a blink package to upgrade is a more streamlined way to upgrade and install a specific JHF take.
More precisely, over installing R80.40 GA, it saves and extra install/reboot cycle.
All the other steps required for upgrade are exactly the same.

0 Kudos
jimm
Participant

I downloaded the plain R80.40 install and upgrade package. And also the 'R80.40 Multi Domain Server + JHF T102 for Appliances and Open Servers' package. In both cases, cpuse via Gaia only offers me 'clean install'. When i run verifier it states ' This package is for Clean Install only'.  Where would i find in-place upgrade packages for R80.30 to R80.40 for a multidomain security management server? Thanks.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events