Looking for some feedback.

8 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Still waiting for GA JHF to go above 100 😎
mdjmcnally
Advisor

Haven't yet and to be honest no intention.

I ALWAYS build new and migrate the Domains across one at a time.

Unless you actually need an R80.40 specific feature then no need to yet.

Will be waiting for the Domain Migration ability to be backported to R80.20 so that can export the Domains one at a time.

Still a bit early and R80.30 still recommended.

Is a bit Chicken and Egg,

People won't update till is recommended and won't be recommended tilll more people updated.

If I was doing a NEW Clean install then would do R80.40 but otherwise not just yet, and I suspect most people here will be the same.

I do intend to upgrade my Lab however as inplace upgrade so when ready to do that will try and find the thread and report back

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I only built a new one that I had some issues with already, but overall there are very few issues I have seen so far.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The domain migration capabilities have been backported to R80.20 and R80.30 provided you are using the newer migrate_server command and are on a recent JHF.
0 Kudos
Andreas_Aust
Collaborator

Yes, I did it. No problems so far.

0 Kudos
Eran_Habad
Employee
Employee

Cool 🙂 Did you upgrade both Management and Gateways? What was your previous Management version?
Andreas_Aust
Collaborator

Only MDS. Gateways are still 80.20. Previous MDS Version also 80.20

0 Kudos
Eran_Habad
Employee
Employee

In case you upgraded via CPUSE, did you happen to see the new upgrade report?

When upgrading using CPUSE, the report is available by clicking the “To see a detailed upgrade report” link in the Package Details pane. Available from DA version 1858.

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Management-Topics/New-upgrade-mechanism-for-management-s...
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events