Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmos
Advisor
Jump to solution

DA / CPUSE bug?

Environment: R80.40 HFA 161

I've imported the latest rolling HFA (196), which also required the latest DA. It is the only package available for installation.

Yet the command "installer install 1" does absolutely nothing until I've hit the tab key to display what packages are available.

This is not normal for a CLI.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Indeed this is the expected behavior

We assume that before you install package "1" you need to see which package is numbered as "1".

If you have only one package to install and you would like scripting I highly recommend using the package name.

In this case it's better to be safe than sorry.

If someone else is using this machine or it's connected to download center you might have packages in the list which are not expected.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Matt,

I believe that might be normal/expected behavior from what I recall last time I did this via cli in R80.30, but its been some time. My memory is not as good as it was in my 20's or 30's 🙂

Andy

0 Kudos
cosmos
Advisor

Normal for clish I guess.

It makes scripting these tasks a tiny bit more time consuming, just to save a tiny bit of time 🙂

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You got that right : - )

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

On a related topic have you explored if CDT would help you at all (see: sk111158) ?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
cosmos
Advisor

To be perfectly honest, I've never been in a position where it I would find it useful - fixing severely broken things in critical states, often on software/hardware you'd be surprised still exists and what it protects. Installing updates on devices before SIC, in awkwardly restricted environments where upgrading to preferred versions or systems with Internet access are not an option. Getting code into these environments can also be challenging; I see that CDT is another separate download that could potentially be included in future releases 🙂

Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Indeed this is the expected behavior

We assume that before you install package "1" you need to see which package is numbered as "1".

If you have only one package to install and you would like scripting I highly recommend using the package name.

In this case it's better to be safe than sorry.

If someone else is using this machine or it's connected to download center you might have packages in the list which are not expected.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events