Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Custom commands, are they gone?

In a R77.30 MDG there is an option called Custom commands, which we usded quite often, they allow you to rght click on a gateway and call a command like SSH or call the browser with the WebPortal of the GW you selected.

In R80.10 I was unable to find this, is it gone? Is it coming back?

Regards, Maarten.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asif_Klar
Employee
Employee

Hi Maarten,

Running custom commands from the MDG was indeed available before R80.

We did not implement it in the new SmartConsole in R80 in the same way, as we would like to provide unified way to perform custom commands with Run Scripts and Actions on gateways.

We understand that there are still gaps like custom configuration on MDS level and running custom applications.

I will contact you offline to understand how your specific requirement can be answered.

regards,

Asif

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Gateways & Servers view are where they're at. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Right-click on the gateway from the Gateways and Servers view

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Sorry, but what you are showing is in the domain itself, not on the domain manager level

That view in the domain level is where I like to execute them, but where do I set them?

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

looks like at domain level is not possible to execute anything other than support center , it is anyway related to permission given  to the administrator?

thanks

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Indeed this is My issue, I want to be able to use my own applications as I also cannot see how to set those as you could in the Multi Domain manager GUI of R77.30

The built-in ssh client is not really what I was looking for, I have my own preferred SSH application, with its predefined keys etc.

I'm looking for the original method and possibilities.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Yonatan_Philip
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello Maarten,

Can you explain exactly what you're missing?
I'm comparing the R77.30 and R80.10 console and they both seem to have the same options - what am I missing?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Philip,

in R77.30 go to the Multi-Domain Security Management Properties, in that window you have Custom commands on the left, select that one and add a new command lets say use putty, enter the name SSH2 for it, add the "path\putty.exe" (when you have spaces in the path add the quotes) in the executable field and add "/L admin  <IP>" (without quotes) in the params field.

Now go to the Domain Contents view or the Network Objects view  in the general tab and right click on any gateway object :

This is what you see, except you will only see the command names you entered.

There is no option in R80.10 on domain level to create this. Neither can you select the SSH application, for the browser I presume the selection is done through the OS preference.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Asif_Klar
Employee
Employee

Hi Maarten,

Running custom commands from the MDG was indeed available before R80.

We did not implement it in the new SmartConsole in R80 in the same way, as we would like to provide unified way to perform custom commands with Run Scripts and Actions on gateways.

We understand that there are still gaps like custom configuration on MDS level and running custom applications.

I will contact you offline to understand how your specific requirement can be answered.

regards,

Asif

0 Kudos
Maria_Pologova
Collaborator

Hello Asif,

I am wondering if something has changed since 2017 and there are plans to get this feature back? We are managing around 100 gateways from Multi-Domain Management server. Having a possibility to to launch ssh/web clients and connect to devices directly from MDM was a time-saver.

Implementation with connecting to gateways from under DMS using "Action" button is not that convenient either. We have Tacacs authentication and change our passwords certain amount of time, meaning that if I store the password on DMS I need to change them one by one, whereas using for example Secure CRT I can change the password for all sessions at once and use it to automatically login to the device.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Just a few of the things we miss on a daily base in R80.xx

One other thing that would really be nice to get back is to be able to connect to the domain from the gateways and servers list.

Oh BTW Maria, browser access IS implemented from multiple views, just click the 'x Updates available' link when showing.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Maria_Pologova
Collaborator

It seems I am blind, because I don't see this "Updates Available" link.. 😞 

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
In the Gateways & Servers list, in the middle of that line you will see that column.
Regards, Maarten
Maria_Pologova
Collaborator

Thanks Maarten!

It turned out thoroughly hidden 🙂 

Capture.PNG

Br,

Maria

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events