cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moudar
Advisor

Create SIC with API

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to establish trust (SIC) between a gateway and SMS using API calls.

I've come across commands like reset-sic and test-sic, but I haven't found anything like add-sic or set-sic.

Am I overlooking something? Is it not possible to establish SIC through the API?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

That would be the "one-time-password" value pair of the add simple-gateway/cluster API call.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

In order to set the sic password, you should use the set-simple-gateway API with the one-time-password parameter:
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/#cli/set-simple-gateway~v1.9.1%20 

I just noticed in the documentation that the field does not have a proper description, which is probably why it was unclear how to use it. I'll ask the R&D team to update that.

0 Kudos
Moudar
Advisor

How would the order of api commands look like:

new installed management server and adding new installed gateway to it

something like this?:

mgmt_cli -s sid.txt add simple-gateway name "$GATEWAY_NAME" ipv4-address "$GATEWAY_IP" one-time-password "Admin123" --format json > gateway_response.json

When i run that i get this:

message: "Installation failed. Reason: SIC is not initialized either at the Security Management Server or the peer [ SIC error no. 119 ] check that SIC is configured both on Security Management Server and peer, and that both have valid SIC certificates."

or this:

"sic-message" : "SIC Status: Unknown. Could not get SIC properties from peer object",
  "sic-status" : "unknown"

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events