Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh_Smith
Participant
Jump to solution

Can domain objects be used in a geo policy exception?

Using the Geo policy to block several countries.  Created an exception with a domain object, screen shot below, however traffic was still being blocked by geo-protection.  Are domain objects supported as a valid network object for this exception?  I created an exception using the IP address of the website and that worked.  Just curious if it is supported, if so I'll open a case with TAC.

Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure this is not supported.

I would open a TAC case anyway as the UI should not allow this if it's not supported.

Contact Support | Check Point Software  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

From R80.20, you can use Updatable Objects in your Access Policy that refer to specific countries.
This allows for much more granular policies than the legacy Geo Policy feature offers, which has been deprecated in R81. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure this is not supported.

I would open a TAC case anyway as the UI should not allow this if it's not supported.

Contact Support | Check Point Software  

0 Kudos
Enzooo_PHN
Explorer

Hi, I'm also experiencing with similar situation, I'd like to ask if this function has made any progress so far? 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

From R80.20, you can use Updatable Objects in your Access Policy that refer to specific countries.
This allows for much more granular policies than the legacy Geo Policy feature offers, which has been deprecated in R81. 

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, this is not supported. 

Please proceed with a ticket just so that we fix the options to pick for the sake of all of our users

Josh_Smith
Participant

Thank you for the feed back.  Opened a ticket, maybe R&D can develop a hotfix quickly for this, to bad QA didn't catch this before hand.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events