cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cem82
Contributor

CDT generating candidates list issue and cluster upgrade

Hi

I am using R81.20 JHF 76 MDM and running into issues generating the candidates (upgraded to version 2.0 via CPUSE).  I have tried using the example deployment file even and only putting the blink filename we want to upgrade with but getting the below.  I see the entry saying to reinstall the tool but doesn't allow that, do I really need to restore snapshot?

installer reinstall 1
Interactive mode is enabled. Press CTRL + C to exit (this will not stop the operation)
Result: Package is already installed and can not be re-installed.

Also is there a way for the tool to only upgrade the standby and failover rather than having to use filter files?  In Smartconsole upgrade I see this option where it checks which is the standby but can't work out how to do that with CLI?  I'm needing to do this as required to do the other side of the cluster the following day.

mdsenv <CMA>

$CDTDIR/CentralDeploymentTool -generate -candidates=/var/log/candidates.csv -deploymentplan=/opt/CPcdt/CentralDeploymentTool.xml -server=<CMA IP>

Sun Aug 18 13:19:56 2024 *E* [Main]:
Configuration error has occurred:

Error code 22 - Error loading configurations from the configurations file.
Make sure that the configurations file is valid. Try to reinstall the tool and use a clean configurations file.

Details:
--------
Failed to retrieve the CentralDeploymentTool element from the configuration file.

cat /opt/CPcdt/CentralDeploymentTool.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CDT_Deployment_Plan>
<plan_settings>
<name value="Example Deployment Plan file - update, send, import, and verify the package" />
<description value="Update , import and verify the package on the remote machines" />
<update_cpuse value="true" />
</plan_settings>

<!-- Use the CDT import and verify actions -->
<import_package path="/home/admin/blink_image_1.1_Check_Point_R81.20_T631_SecurityGateway.tgz" />
<verify_package path="/home/admin/blink_image_1.1_Check_Point_R81.20_T631_SecurityGateway.tgz" />
</CDT_Deployment_Plan>

0 Kudos
0 Replies

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events