Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Automatically created networks in Smartconsole

While working on a new customer setup I ran into something I did see before but did not really look into last time.

When you build a new FW and you have a number of static routes defined on that box, SmartConsole will collect those routes and add those routes as networks in the interface group for Anti-Spoffing, so far so good.

While building the rulebase, the boxes were staged and shipped half way around the world, I ran into the issue that when I tried to create a network that was created automagically, it started nagging it already existed.

Ok, then where is it?

Opening the Object Explorer and searching for the network 10.10.10.0, it shows the group it is in, but it does not show the network object itself, opening that group shows the networks, that are added based on the routes, searching with the notation Net_10.10.10.0 nothing is shown.

Also searching at the righthand side does not show the networks.

Regards, Maarten
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Thing is I just want to use them but give them a proper name, so I can recognize and reuse them.

Looked at the sk126872 and it says to update a parameter in GuiDBedit so it will be visible, minor detail this way...

Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RickLin
Advisor
Advisor

The issue already exist from R80.

I ever create SR at 2016Q3, but TAC told me it is design behavior.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Hey Tomer, Maybe you should tell marketing about this cool feature? Hidden network objects. 😉

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can remove these using the CLI/API (at least I did when I ran into it).

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Thing is I just want to use them but give them a proper name, so I can recognize and reuse them.

Looked at the sk126872 and it says to update a parameter in GuiDBedit so it will be visible, minor detail this way...

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
RickLin
Advisor
Advisor

CheckPoint Update SK this week.

Please check sk126872.

0 Kudos
Markus_Marquard
Contributor

We have seen similar behavior. When you get the network topology in R80.10 SmartConsole from Gateway, it will add objects for ALL networks it is seeing in the routing table of that Gateway.

To us this happened also for dynamic routes coming by OSPF to the Gateway - a few hundred objects were created this way, without any warning. Luckily you can discard the changes in SmartConsole. But I think this should be made more obvious with a dialog presented in the UI.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events