cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HristoGrigorov

Ambiguous Policy Changes

Hi,

SmartConsole R80.10 build 073 here.

It happens here from time to time that I trigger an action in Smart Console and it will register policy change. When I click Publish and then go to Revisions indeed there is a policy change there but the audit log is empty. 

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong ?

8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It would be useful to know exactly what steps you took to see if this is a real problem or not.

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

It happens on different occasions but most recently:

1. Pick an IPS protection that is already with default setting in a profile

2. Right click and select "Reset to profile settings"

Another case I can remember. Go and try to edit Interoperable Device. As soon as you choose Edit, 2 changes are triggered. Don't change anything, just click Cancel. Nevertheless changes will remain active and if you Publish them, audit log will be again empty.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This may be an artifact of objects that still use CPMI on some level.

I assume if you make a change in each of these cases it will show audit logs?

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

Yes, "real" changes do appear in audit log. But for a day or so. Then they disappear as well. It wasn't like that before.  

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If things are disappearing from the logs, a TAC case is definitely in order.

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

I am planning to upgrade management server to R80.20 and see if the problem stays. Just waiting for the first jumbo to be released. Kind of, don't like zero-versions Smiley Happy

HristoGrigorov

Well, I had some time so I cloned current SMS and upgraded it to R80.20 along with the latest SmartConsole for it.

Played for a while and the damn bug appeared here as well:

HristoGrigorov

I found out why that happens. If default time frame for logs is set to for example "Last 24 Hours" this also applies to Revisions Audit Log. That's why they did not appear at all.

I think Revisions Audit Log shall have its own time frame setting or probably default to the time change was published.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events