Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

After upgrade to R80.20 T_101, before T_33 JHFA, all routes, including Connected routes are absent on a Standby member

Just run into this one. I've heard and read about default route or even static routes being affected by the routes with ping enabled, but not the connected routes.

It was also very difficult to pinpoint: there were to static routes via VTIs to AWS with ping enabled.

Disabling the ping on those and rebooting the unit did not revive it.

Removing all static routes except default and the one allowing communication with the management server, which was in another network, solved the issues.

Adding the routes back one by one did not result in the same behavior.

Pretty annoying, especially in remote upgrade situation. Thankfully there was someone there who could get me a console access to the unit.

routed was running. sk92511 not applicable. Behavior was similar to one described in sk107185 but more severe and it was on R80.20, which was supposed to fix it. Perhaps JHFA T_33 does address this, but in this case it should really be baked into the base image.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Hi Vladimir

I had similar problem and had to installation on-going take 43. If you can get hold of that version I think it would work.

Br

Kim

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Kim Moberg‌, thank you. Is Take 43 available as the full Clean Install or Upgrade tgz?

If it is a separate JHFA, this still wouldn't work in these situations.

Cnsider: Once base T101 is installed and the unit is rebooted, you are loosing the communication with it if your management is not on the same network as one of the gateway's interfaces. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If this is as widespread of a problem as you suggest, I could see us replacing the default ISO.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Not saying it is widespread issue. Also, a lot of companies have out of band management in place via console servers or LOMs, so they may be encountering it, but have e means of dealing with it and thus we may not be aware of how prevalent it is.

The fact that I was not able to pinpoint the root cause is also not helping. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events