cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shiran_wang
Participant
Jump to solution

5200 standaloe HA SmartEvent gray

5200 device upgrade to R80.10, after upgrade i found i can't enable SmartEvent due to this icon is gray,

i checked official document, this document mention 5400 model can not be enable SmartEvent but no 5200 model

what should i do to enable SmartEvent blade?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

I believe that you will not be able to enable SmartEvent on it because it is a standalone deployment and because it is only 5200 appliance. I wouldn't recommend running even simple standalone configuration on most of appliances, and you plan to enable also SmartEvent there.

Admin guide says:

In a standalone deployment, log indexing is disabled by default. Enable log indexing only if the standalone computer CPU has 4 or more cores.

5200 appliance has 1 physical CPU with 2 cores. Also, you found confirmation about 5400 appliance, 5200 is a bit less powerful.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

I believe that you will not be able to enable SmartEvent on it because it is a standalone deployment and because it is only 5200 appliance. I wouldn't recommend running even simple standalone configuration on most of appliances, and you plan to enable also SmartEvent there.

Admin guide says:

In a standalone deployment, log indexing is disabled by default. Enable log indexing only if the standalone computer CPU has 4 or more cores.

5200 appliance has 1 physical CPU with 2 cores. Also, you found confirmation about 5400 appliance, 5200 is a bit less powerful.

Shiran_wang
Participant

thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Julian_Sanchez
Collaborator

We have a cluster HA in standalone with 2 appliances 5200 with 16GB. If I want deploy a SmartEvent in a virtual machine is not possible for log indexing??

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The comments here are related to standalone deployments (firewall + management on same appliance) where memory/CPU is more constrained.
If you run management on a separate appliance/VM, log indexing will be enabled (assuming you've configured it with enough RAM).
0 Kudos
Julian_Sanchez
Collaborator

Hello, 

Yes, I understand that. My question is if I have a full cluster of gateway in standalone, can I install Smart Event in a virtual machine? or not. I will understand that not because the cluster is stanalone and the appliances 5200 have 1 CPU only. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
SmartEvent can always exist separately from the management.
You might also consider making it the log server in this case.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events