Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coolombel
Explorer
Jump to solution

1570 R80.20 Applicance Smarcenter integration

Hi all,

I have a simple question, but I didn't see the solution in the forum so, sorry, if it have already be answered.

We are a running a 1570 cluster applicance with an existing local policy, and I want to integrate it in a Central Mgt console.

So, does this process will wipe the existing local policy?

If not, should I have to create a new central policy before, and does the cluster will continue to run with it "old" policy after it have been inegrated?

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Once you connect an SMB appliance to central management, the local policy is no longer used nor is it even possible to configure.
I believe a simple “OutgoingAll” policy is enabled until a policy is pushed from central management, which will have to be created manually as there is no direct method to convert the policy between a locally managed SMB device and Quantum Security Management.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Once you connect an SMB appliance to central management, the local policy is no longer used nor is it even possible to configure.
I believe a simple “OutgoingAll” policy is enabled until a policy is pushed from central management, which will have to be created manually as there is no direct method to convert the policy between a locally managed SMB device and Quantum Security Management.

0 Kudos
Coolombel
Explorer

Thanks a lot Phoneboy, it's very clear.

So I should prepare the policy to push it  as soon as the applicance is connected to the central management.

Have a nice day !

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Everything phoneboy said is 100% how it would happen.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events