cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmed_bousta
Contributor
Jump to solution

upgrade R76SP.30 to R76SP.50

hello evry one i want to upgrade dual chassis 41000 run actualy R76SP.30 to R76SP.50 because R76SP.30 is end of life .

my output :

[Global] FW-VSX-ch01-01:0:ACTIVE > asg stat -v

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| VSX System Status - 41000                                                    |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Chassis Mode                | Primary Up (Chassis 1)                         |

| Up time                     | 273 days, 11:21:48 hours                       |

| SGMs                        | 2 / 2                                          |

| Virtual Systems             | 9                                              |

| Version                     | R76SP.30 (Build Number 47)                     |

| VS ID:  0                     VS Name:  FW-VSX            |

| Chassis 1                     ACTIVE                                         |

| SGM ID         State          Process                   FW Policy Date       |

| 1  (local)     UP             Enforcing Security        13Sep18 15:25        |

| Chassis 2                     STANDBY                                        |

[Expert@FW-VSX-ch01-01:0:ACTIVE]# cphaprob state
| VS ID:  0                     VS Name:  FW-MAI-FRPAR-CHA-DCH-03-P            |
| Chassis 1                                                                    |
| SGM ID         State          Process                   FW Policy Date       |
| 1  (local)     ACTIVE                                                        |
| Chassis 2                                                                    |
| SGM ID         State          Process                   FW Policy Date       |
| 1              ACTIVE                                                        |
[Expert@FW-VSX-ch01-01:0:ACTIVE]#

as i see on checkpoint documentation the upgrade will be done directly from the chassis. My question is the vsx and vs are managed by server management . could you please tel me if there is a required action from the server management after the upgrade from the chassis.

if you have any experiance for this upgrade you are welcom

Best regards 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As the major version from the Check Point Security Management point of view is the same, you shouldn't need to do anything there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As the major version from the Check Point Security Management point of view is the same, you shouldn't need to do anything there.

0 Kudos
ahmed_bousta
Contributor

Think you very much for you help : could you tell me a bout downgrade from R76SP.50 to R76SP.30 .

it is mandatory to upgrade Firmware for the chassis  after upgrade also .

best regards 

0 Kudos
Oral_Mohan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Downgrade should be done via rollback to pre-upgrade snapshot. There is no change on the mgmt side.

If you are referring to SSM firmware, keeping this to the latest version (regardless of software version) is always a good idea.