cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conrad23
Participant
Jump to solution

Meastro Orchestrator

We have 2 x MHO-140's with an existing Security group with 5 x 6600 gateways.

We're about to create a second security group and have 2 x 6200 gateways connected with DAC cables to orchestrator ports 37 and 38

The first gateway appears in the unassigned gateways column with Downlinks listed as Port /37/1 (MHO-1) and Port 2/37/1 (MHO-2)

The second gateway appears in the unassigned gateways column with Downlinks listed as No connectivity

Have replaced DAC cables and rebooted second gateway but no joy.

Orchestrators are running R81.20 with JHF Take 53

New unassigned gateways are running R80.30SP - Build 054 with no hotfixes

Is second gateway an RMA situation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
conrad23
Participant

R80.30 is how gateways shipped. Issue was rookie mistake on my part - I have swapped DAC cables around on gateway so port 1 now connects to MHO1 and port 2 is connected to MHO2 - connectivity now showing so all good. We'll upgrade new gateways to R81.10 JHF Take 53 once we have them in the security group.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Why R80.30SP without JHF and not something newer?

Which ports on the 6600 were used and have those been validated further i.e. does the issue follow the NIC card?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
conrad23
Participant

R80.30 is how gateways shipped. Issue was rookie mistake on my part - I have swapped DAC cables around on gateway so port 1 now connects to MHO1 and port 2 is connected to MHO2 - connectivity now showing so all good. We'll upgrade new gateways to R81.10 JHF Take 53 once we have them in the security group.

emmap
Employee
Employee

I would recommend a clean install of the new software before putting them in the group rather than an in-place upgrade afterwards. It starts you from a cleaner place and you have the correct factory defaults image on there if you need it.

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

I would recommend clean installing the 6200s with R81.20 SP iso via ISOMorphic and trying again before considering a hardware fault. Or even reimaging to R80.30SP if there's a reason you're using that version, caveat it's out of support etc. And yes as Chris said, if the issue persists see if it follows the line card or the appliance.

0 Kudos