cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Macpherso
Advisor

Maestro Duel Orchestrator Synchronization

Hello,

Can anyone confirm if an SFP with fibre can be used for the Orchestrator primary (port/48) and redundant synchronization ports?

If a DAC cable is a requirement for synchronization, what is the current maximum length for a Checkpoint certified DAC cable  (3m?)

We have an upcoming dual MH-170/175 orchestrator deployment whereby each orchestrator will be installed a different racks that may be 5 or more meters apart.

I notice in the following SK that 5m and 10m DAC cables can be certified on business case. 

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

This will be a requirement if SFP with fibre is not supported. 

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vinceneil666
Advisor

I run a mix of SFP (with fibre) and DAC cables with both my dual orch single site and for my dual site. You should be fine

Simon_Macpherso
Advisor

Are you using SFP (w/fibre) on your MHO synchronization ports?

0 Kudos
vinceneil666
Advisor

Yes!, SFP with fibre on port 48 for MHO sync. Works fine and has been checked out as "OK" by Check Point tac.

0 Kudos
vinceneil666
Advisor

maestro-singlesite-dualroom.JPG

Simon_Macpherso
Advisor

Thanks! Do you know if 40G or 100G SFP (w/fibre) is also supported for both sync and downlink ports on MHO-170 or 175? 

0 Kudos
vinceneil666
Advisor

I dont know for sure - but I cant see why it should not work ? .. I would assume it would be fine.

0 Kudos
Simon_Macpherso
Advisor

I'll confirm with tac - thanks again for your input!

0 Kudos