Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbfixurpc
Participant
Jump to solution

Jumbo Hotfix 65.

Greetings,

Any folks applied Jumbo Hotfix 65 into a Maestro environment? Any experiences good or bad in doing so?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
olpmdER
Participant

Hello,
We already install JHF65 on a Maestro environnent , SMS, SME, 2 MHO and 7 SGMs, and we don't have any issue, we install it from 2 weeks now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jbfixurpc
Participant

Good to hear. I ask partly because I did run into a problem where applying JHF65 to redundant Orchestrators seemed to affect 2 of the 3 gateways in a security group, where only 1 of the 3 remained active and the other 2 went into a disconnected state. A simple reboot of them(gateways) appeared to correct the issue, however without having a LOM or console connection to them I would have been dead in the water and would need to get a hands on resource. Most likely a one off and of course my mileage does vary lol. 

For context, both Orchs upgraded to R81.20,  SG was running R81.10 with JHF 139 and a custom wrapper, which could also have played a part. I also do have a TAC case opened to verify it wasn't a fat finger on my approach. 

Thanks for the feed back all the same. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
olpmdER
Participant

Hello,
We already install JHF65 on a Maestro environnent , SMS, SME, 2 MHO and 7 SGMs, and we don't have any issue, we install it from 2 weeks now.

0 Kudos
jbfixurpc
Participant

Good to hear. I ask partly because I did run into a problem where applying JHF65 to redundant Orchestrators seemed to affect 2 of the 3 gateways in a security group, where only 1 of the 3 remained active and the other 2 went into a disconnected state. A simple reboot of them(gateways) appeared to correct the issue, however without having a LOM or console connection to them I would have been dead in the water and would need to get a hands on resource. Most likely a one off and of course my mileage does vary lol. 

For context, both Orchs upgraded to R81.20,  SG was running R81.10 with JHF 139 and a custom wrapper, which could also have played a part. I also do have a TAC case opened to verify it wasn't a fat finger on my approach. 

Thanks for the feed back all the same. 

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

Can you share on global level how you performed ORCH update? Did you for example put one orch offline before update?

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
jbfixurpc
Participant

So from a high level, the configuration I saw this with was a dual orch setup managing a single security group.

You bring up a good point and maybe the orch that is to be hotfixed perhaps needs to be "orchd stop"'d first. I'm still waiting for TAC to determine the cause, but I'll mention this in the case notes once they follow up. 

I did see this behavior right after applying the JHF to one orchestrator and not the other. Upon this observation, I went ahead and applied the same JHF to the other thinking that the inconsistency was the cause, but to no avail. 

The documentation on Maestro addresses so many different configurations that perhaps I either misunderstood or missed the correct procedure to follow.

Thanks

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know one customer that did it, they said all good.

Andy

0 Kudos