Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSingh_N
Contributor
Jump to solution

Chassis Concept in MAESTRO

Hi,

When I see maestro configuration, I can see chassis id and associated configuration.

I can see the CMM, SSM module statements in maestro configuration.

How these chassis terms are related to maestro configuration, I am not able to see these details in admin guides.

Can anybody help here to clarify the things.

Regards,

Jaspal Singh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emmap
Employee
Employee

As we use the same software on both Maestro and Chassis, we have to cater for both in the configuration. As such:

Chassis ID = Site ID (only applicable for Dual Site deployments - as a rule, chassis = site)

SSM = Orchestrator

CMM does not exist in Maestro. Anything pertaining to CMM is ignored in a Maestro deployment.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

CMM & SSM were specific hardware components in the 6X000 & 4X000 scalable platforms, the predecessor to Maestro.

With Maestro we abstracted the chassis concept, removing the physical ATCA multi-slot enclosure for which those cards managed the chassis health & network connectivity.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
JSingh_N
Contributor

Hi,

I can understand that Maestro is based on concept of Chassis Platform although it is not chassis, but I am able to see chassis configuration in maestro configuration (when running command > show configuration in SMO).

I am not able to map (interpret) the chassis related statements within Maestro configuration.

How they are correlating the maestro complements with Chassis.

Do we have any document / tutorial etc. for same.

Regards,

Jaspal Singh

0 Kudos
Dario_Perez
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi suggest you take the jumpstart training to clarity some doubts

on partnermap/Trainng/Elearning and search for maestro jumpstart

JSingh_N
Contributor

Yes, I am doing that but till now they have mentioned nothing about Chassis role in Maestro configuration.

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

As we use the same software on both Maestro and Chassis, we have to cater for both in the configuration. As such:

Chassis ID = Site ID (only applicable for Dual Site deployments - as a rule, chassis = site)

SSM = Orchestrator

CMM does not exist in Maestro. Anything pertaining to CMM is ignored in a Maestro deployment.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Maestro Events