cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeletedUser
Not applicable

ICYMI, see the new ICS Security User Guide

ICS Enforcement Using Application Control

Check Point's ICS/SCADA cyber security solutions provide advanced Threat Prevention to ensure vital systems such as power generation facilities, traffic control systems, water treatment systems and factories are never compromised.

• Our Next-Generation Firewall enables granular functional control of ICS protocols.
  • Log ICS protocols and commands for forensic analysis of incidents in your operation networks.

Application Control allows you to apply various industrial control system (ICS) applications in the Rule Base. You can apply a security policy on specific ICS protocols, or use more granular ICS commands.

Thanks Eyal Zaidman for this new SecureKnowledge asset.

7 Replies
Iain_King
Collaborator

Is this supported in R80.20?

I'm about to start deploying R77.20.75 Images on a large number of 1200R's.. It looks like I may not be able to use R80.20.

0 Kudos
DeletedUser
Not applicable

Depends upon what you want to do. Most of the qualifications are around DPI of SCADA protocols. R77.20.20 and higher on the 1200R supports DPI enforcement. DPI application support on R80.20 management is available via the API. Details are in Appendix A of the guide. Other than that think SCADA application support other than DPI is pretty straight forward.

Iain_King
Collaborator

Thanks for that,

I can't seem to find any reports on R77.20.20 going EOL next year (I know R77.30 is)..

Do you know if R77.20.20 will still be supported?

Thanks,

Iain

0 Kudos
DeletedUser
Not applicable

Still supported until May 2020; Support Life Cycle Policy | Check Point Software. The embedded train is different from the core enterprise product. By then imagine there will be a software update for the embedded line, but don't quote me 😉

Iain_King
Collaborator

Thanks mate

AA
Explorer

Hello, Is there a timeline on when ICS DPI will be supported on the R80.X security gateways? We are looking into upgrading our R77.30 to R80.X (including a new appliance), but Appendix A in the guide states tat ICS DPI won't be supported for this version. What ICS feature is supported in R80.X?

0 Kudos
Shlomi_Feldman
Employee
Employee

Hi,

R80.10 and 20 fully support application control blade ICS protocols detection and policy generation. we support approx. 70 protocols and more than 1400 ICS protocols functions and commands. 

The DPI technology became less relevant to the ICS market in the recent years and we currently invest more on enhanced visibility and anomaly detection solutions

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events