cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

vsx_util add_member_reconf

Hey there

I'm trying to add a new member to my vsx cluster with the command vsx_util add_member_reconf , I was able to add member with vsx_util add_member but when try to reconfigure the newly added member the operation fail at step 2 , with a tcp dump I was able to confirm that the vsx gateway is sending a tcp reset when the mdm send the command to reconfigure , with vsx stat -v the vsx gateway say that is in a trust state as anyone encountered a similar behavior before?

Mangament is r80.20 with take 33 and vsx gateway is r80.10 with latest jumbo take 169

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

It's been very long time since I have been adding new members to VSX cluster.. but my two cents..

Since the actual member was added in the first step successfully, you could try resetting SIC on the new member and then running vsx_util reconfigure instead. From memory .. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

Despite what vsx admin guide say I will give a try in this way and let you know

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

From memory they do the same thing except reconfigure has couple of additional steps like SIC, converting to VSX etc whereas add_member_reconf purely pushes out VSX config omitting all the initial bits. As long as add_member worked (so your mgmt is all updated) it should be safe to push out full reconfigure. But I might be wrong Smiley Happy we did it a lot with our Crossbeam X80 back in the day Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

Fun part is that now with reconfigure only we can reach till step 10 but the operation fail with this error

"Error retrieving policy installed on the VSX" , we have verified that there are connectivity between the gateway and the management and at the moment I was unable to see any packet originating from the vsx gateway dropped.

Just a clarification if it possible , we should configure with the vsx provisioning tool the ip of the sync interface or it will be imported by the add member operation?

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

SYNC will be configured automatically, you only need to configure Mgmt IP. Make sure that your subnet is big enough to accommodate new cluster members in Sync net. Check your VSX object in SmartConsole that you see new member

then you can verify topology on the member

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

Yep everything seems ok only management is configured but can' t reach step 10 of reconfigure operation , tac seems to surf in deep water for this kind of issue , let see what's happening

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

What actually happens on the gateway - can you see all VSes and routes created?

Tried resetgw and then reconfigure again?

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

after "Error retrieving policy installed on the VSX"  it seems to remove every configuration, I can see during the reconfigure the name of the vs passed to the new gateway then the reconfigure stop and all the configuration wen't back to the default , I have tried several time to resic the gateway without luck , the funny part is that if you try the reconfigure add member it won' t go past step 2.

Thanks for your time btw

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

And the new member is identical HW wise to old ones? Memory etc? How far does it get when creating VSes? All of them or you can see it stops at some point?

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

same machine same hw same build , the reconfigure fail at step 10 after pushing vs configuration , we are trying with the tac but without luck

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Did you check that you have big enough license btw? And if you have option - have you tried replicating the same in ESX?

0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

valid license , we found that some port are missing into initial.pf we were able to reach step 10 but the issue now is error initial policy was configuraed on vsx , we are still waiting for something from the tac for more than a week let's see

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events