Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostBoY
Advisor

local ssh users unable to login

I have installed a new R81.20 Management Server in AWS...for the first time login i used the ppk private key.

Then i ran the following commands to enable ssh 

1. sed -i 's/PasswordAuthentication no/PasswordAuthentication yes/' /etc/ssh/sshd_config

2. sed -i 's/PermitRootLogin forced-commands-only/PermitRootLogin yes/' /etc/ssh/sshd_config

3. service sshd reload

Post this i set up a password for admin user and tried connecting to the MGMT server but it is not accepting my password..giving incorrect password error.

I tried to create several new users as well but none were able to login.

Anyhelp is appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What precise steps did you take to set the user password or create users?
If done via the CLI, it must be done via clish commands (not via expert mode) and the configuration must be manually saved (save config). 

0 Kudos
LostBoY
Advisor

i created the password of admin user via clish : set user admin password

also did a save config post that..tried similarly for other users as well but none of them are able to login via ssh..although GUI access works

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Double-check that your keyboard layout is English if you created users and passwords via the console. If not, passwords created through the console with the English default locale will be... different

0 Kudos
LostBoY
Advisor

but the same passwords work for GUI login..its only they are not able to ssh to the management server.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What does /var/log/secure say when users try and log in?

0 Kudos
LostBoY
Advisor

i removed  sshd_config file and recreated a new one with all the required values and the issue got resolved.. not sure how the old one was a problem but everything pointed out at sshd_config  being the issue.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events