Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KM1895
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

blink clean install on virtual gateways

hi,

I have been in touch with my local office about this question, but havent received any conclusive information yet, so thought i would check here as well.

I have planned to assist a customer with their virtual cluster, running in vmware. They did not like the option of setting up new vm's and switching over, probably because of available resources, and that they have set up the interfaces on the vswitch to passthrough.

So i would like to see if anyone has any experience on running a blink clean install in this type of environment before, and what their experiences are.

We have taken a snapshot of the standby node, so i guess we can always try, and roll back if it fails.

But is this something that shouldnt be attempted at all, or can i press the big red button?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sushantjoshi
Contributor

This should be good.

I have done couple of clean install using blink image while upgrading from R80.40 to R81.20 in VMware ESxi7.x environment . This was done both for appliance based checkpoint firewalls as well as Checkpoint VSX running on VSLS mode.

You should be good

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sushantjoshi
Contributor

This should be good.

I have done couple of clean install using blink image while upgrading from R80.40 to R81.20 in VMware ESxi7.x environment . This was done both for appliance based checkpoint firewalls as well as Checkpoint VSX running on VSLS mode.

You should be good

the_rock
Legend
Legend

fw cluster as vmware platform? I honestly dont think thats a good idea.

But, as @sushantjoshi said, it does work.

Andy

sushantjoshi
Contributor

I agree with @the_rock it's not a good idea to run your Checkpoint Cluster managed by a hypervisor. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events