cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jake_Stafeyev
Explorer

YouTube Block rule in AppControl Blade behavior - HTTPS Inspection

Hi,

I face some unclear behavior in my 80.20 setup.

Scenario:

1. Enabled AppControl and created a rule to block YouTube.

2. Installed Policy - warning "YouTube application requires HTTPS Inspection blade which is turned off...".
Obviously, at that point YouTube works fine and not being blocked.

3. Enabled HTTPS Inspection and face the following:

- When trying to reach Facebook - it is alerting that the computer is not trusting the website although I installed the GW certificate on it. Can anyone tell me why?

- When disabling the HTTPS Inspection, YouTube is still being blocked (while Facebook is OK now). Can anyone tell me why? The HTTPS Inspection is disabled.

Thanks in advance!

Jake

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What's the precise error you get and what is the certificate you are presented with?
Please provide screenshots.

It is possible to block Facebook and YouTube without HTTPS Inspection thought it may not always be reliable.
IT will work more reliably if you install the latest JHF for R80.20 and enable HTTPS Inspection (can have just any any any bypass rule).
This should enable SNI verification which will make app identification more reliable.
0 Kudos
Jake_Stafeyev
Explorer

Hi!

The signature issue was solved, we didn't install it in the correct directory on the PC.

The thing with YouTube block is that it didn't work before enabling HTTPS Inspection yet it worked after enabling and disabling again.

So the reason is not clear. 

Is there some "first-time" trigger?

Jake

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure why it wasn't working before.
It'd be something the TAC would have to assist in troubleshooting.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events