cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amir_Arama
Advisor

Xor bond rx load balancing

Hi,

i configured xor bond on my checkpoint cluster, now on netstat -ni i can see that ex packets are not balanced equally between the interfaces. the bond0 is shared among eth4 and eth5. please ignore rx-drp and rx-ovr because it seems it was happening at the trials to set the bond as lacp, and the number aren't growing for at least 30 hours now.

netstat -ni

Iface MTU Met RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP TX-OVR Flg

bond0 1500 0 308398076 0 7639 7639 276182384 0 0 0 BMmRU
eth4 1500 0 1305664 0 3902 3902 132707486 0 0 0 BMsRU
eth5 1500 0 307092420 0 3737 3737 143474902 0 0 0 BMsRU

what can be the reason the rx not balanced?

in the sw side i configured nothing.

thx

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

What is on the other side of that bond how is the bonding configured on that device? post the config snip in here please.

0 Kudos
Amir_Arama
Advisor

Aruba switch

Nothing configured on the switch

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Check the LB algorithm for XOR settings in Gaia (sorry, do not have access to it myself at the moment), what is it set to?

L2/L3, L3/L4? depending on circumstances, individual sessions will stick to the same port and you will not see equal balancing unless you simulate equal traffic from/to different sources and destinations.

0 Kudos
Amir_Arama
Advisor

it's configured on layer 3+4 (the other option is layer2)

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

If you want to equally distribute traffic, L2 only may do that, but at the cost of packet delivery not being guaranteed to be "in order". This may have performance impact downstream.

BTW, are there LAG configuration requirements for something like this on the Aruba side, or does it do it automatically?

0 Kudos
Amir_Arama
Advisor

i'm not sure what i should configure when working with xor. on google i found that xor don't need sw configuration.

by the way, do you think that lacp will work better than xor?

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

LACP would be my first choice, whenever possible. There are some situations, when it is not, such as VMware ESXi with no distributed switch, but required link redundancy.

Amir_Arama
Advisor

I will try change to lacp next week

Thx

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events