Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjulianom
Advisor
Jump to solution

Weird behaviour with SMS logs

Hi community,

I have a test SMS I am using in a lab. It is a new SMS, so it has default configuration. When seeing the log section, I can see this:

log1.PNG

The first strange thing I see is the "Log File: Latest Log File" in the log search bar. Normally I don't see this in production SMS. And when I click on this I see the following:

log2.PNG

It seems there are three files, and every file is when I turned off the SMS. Is this normal behaviour? Is there a way to see all the logs the SMS has collected directly without searching in different files?

Regards,

Julián

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi - What version are you using?

Is Log Indexing enabled?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi - What version are you using?

Is Log Indexing enabled?

fjulianom
Advisor

Hi,

This is R81.10. It has default configuration, so if Log Indexing is disabled by default, it is disabled. I saw this in the documentation:

Enabling Log Indexing
Log indexing on the Security Management ServerClosed or Log ServerClosed reduces the time it takes to run a query on the logs. Log indexing is enabled by default.

In a standaloneClosed deployment, log indexing is disabled by default. Enable log indexing only if the standalone server CPU has 4 or more cores.

So, a little bit ambiguous. I checked and it was disabled. I have enabled and now ir working as expected.

Thank you very much,

Julián

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events