Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsur121
Explorer
Jump to solution

Want to change VSX physical interface from 1gig copper to 10 gig fiber.

Dear Team,

We want to change VSX gateways physical interface from 1gig to 10 gig and then we need to change the VS port. If anyone knows the steps, then please guide me for the activity.

Regards,

SAM

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

You want 'vsx_util change_interfaces' on the management server. You will need to take an outage, but it's a pretty mechanized process. Basically, you define the new interface in the VSX object's list of physical interfaces, publish, then run 'vsx_util change_interfaces on the management server. It will prompt you to log in, then ask which cluster you want to change interfaces on. It will ask you which interface you want to replace, then which interface you want to replace it.

highly recommend building a bond which contains the new 10g interface and changing VSX to reference the bond. Then changes like this in the future are a lot easier (you just change which interfaces are members of the bond).

Run it in a lab a few times before doing it for real. I haven't had to do this in a while, so I may have forgotten a step.

View solution in original post

AleLovaz82
Contributor

'vsx_util change_interfaces' i've learned something new.
it's definitely faster than the steps i wrote above

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AleLovaz82
Contributor

First you have to configure the VSX Cluster to use the fiber interface in VS.
Then I suggest you to use vsx provioning tool to do all the changes at once.
export the all the routes that point to the "copper"
destroy the vlan interfaces based on the "copper"
recreate the vlan interfaces on the "fiber"
reconfigure all the routes on the "fiber"

I think you have to schedule a mantainance window

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

You want 'vsx_util change_interfaces' on the management server. You will need to take an outage, but it's a pretty mechanized process. Basically, you define the new interface in the VSX object's list of physical interfaces, publish, then run 'vsx_util change_interfaces on the management server. It will prompt you to log in, then ask which cluster you want to change interfaces on. It will ask you which interface you want to replace, then which interface you want to replace it.

highly recommend building a bond which contains the new 10g interface and changing VSX to reference the bond. Then changes like this in the future are a lot easier (you just change which interfaces are members of the bond).

Run it in a lab a few times before doing it for real. I haven't had to do this in a while, so I may have forgotten a step.

AleLovaz82
Contributor

'vsx_util change_interfaces' i've learned something new.
it's definitely faster than the steps i wrote above

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events