Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Velmurugan_Elum
Explorer
Jump to solution

VSX R77.10 to R80.20 upgrade

Our plan is to upgrade VSX firewall from R77.10 to R80.20

As per standard procedure , I copied and imported R80.20 image to firewall. Sucessfull

2nd step : Performed "installer verify Check_Point_R80.20_T101_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade_Security_Gateway.tgz"

Result: Verifier results Package: R80.20 Fresh Install and Upgrade for Security Gateway and Standalone Clean Install: Installation is allowed. Upgrade: Upgrade a VSX with Non-DMI configuration is not supported.

please advice "Upgrade a VSX with Non-DMI configuration is not supported" , is this normal warning message or we cant perform upgrade in this setup.

HW - 12200

Current version : R77.10

Proposed version : R80.20 

Any help is appreciated 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Are you running non-DMI? If yes, you will have to re-install fresh and run vsx_util to push the new config 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The upgrade will fail as far as I know.
It's also not possible to revert an installation to DMI once you've made it non-DMI.
This means a newly created VSX object and a fresh install of the gateway will be needed.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
I only have 1 question, why would you ever want to go to R80.20 for VSX? It is a version you should skip very quickly and forget about for VSX.
Please go to R80.30 if you want to save yourself a lot of problems.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Can't agree more with @Maarten_Sjouw  - R80.30 with latest jumbo is a must.

Plus I would probably go along with fresh install and vsx_util reconfigure in your case. R77.10 is really old so doing fresh install might be a good "cleanup" 🙂

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Are you running non-DMI? If yes, you will have to re-install fresh and run vsx_util to push the new config 

0 Kudos
Velmurugan_Elum
Explorer

Thank you all for suggestions.

yes ,we are running with non-DMI setup and as suggested we go with fresh installation and use VSX_util to push the config.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events