Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wayne_Hammond
Contributor
Jump to solution

VPN authentication with checkpoint user password

Hi,

We use RSA Radius servers for MFA.

Is it still possible to use a CheckPoint user with password to logon to VPN?

I say is it possible, because at the moment it fails

Version R80.40

Regards

Wayne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Would you mind clarify something for me please? When you say it fails, are you referring to someone just using local VPN account to try and log in? The reason I ask this is because if you have Radius as GENERIC auth method on the firewall, then user/pass will never work, so what you would have to do is what I attached as a screenshot. Now, if you do that, to take full effect, people would have to actually delete/re-create vpn site, so gateway can fetch the right informations.

Hit me up if you want to do remote session, happy to show you.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

(1)
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Would you mind clarify something for me please? When you say it fails, are you referring to someone just using local VPN account to try and log in? The reason I ask this is because if you have Radius as GENERIC auth method on the firewall, then user/pass will never work, so what you would have to do is what I attached as a screenshot. Now, if you do that, to take full effect, people would have to actually delete/re-create vpn site, so gateway can fetch the right informations.

Hit me up if you want to do remote session, happy to show you.

Cheers.

(1)
Wayne_Hammond
Contributor

Thanks 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

No problem...I have R81.10, R81 and R80.40 fully working labs, so can show you any time, but in all honestly, I think this functionality had not changed in a decade now :))

0 Kudos
Wayne_Hammond
Contributor

You are probably right, haven't tried it since R60.* I think.

My colleague in Paris was trying it and I honestly could not rememer

Have a great weekend 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

same to you mate!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events