Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrews
Explorer

VPN Clients resolving a private Domain Name (Quantum Spark 1590 Appliance)

image.png

Hi. I have a problem and need some advice. I will try to describe my problem as detailed as possible. 

Problem: My host PC sits behind the Firewall and has a webpage hosted in Hyper-V. Host PC is windows 11 and Hyper-V VM is running Windows Server 2016. The reason the network was setup like this is due to some constraints which I cannot disclose. My issue is that my Desktop VPN client (connected via the Checkpoint Capsule for Desktop)  is unable to access the webpages in the VM. (e.g. http://Test/some/webpage.html) while my Host PC can reach the webpage using the example URL.

I have tried configuring the DNS in the Device > DNS page and selected the option Configure DNS servers. However it did not work and I have also tried adding the Hyper-V VM as a Single-IP Network Object (with IP: 1.1.1.8, Object name: Test) but this did not seens to work either. 

Unfortunely, i have no formal training/experience in networking and checkpoint products. Thus I am seeking some guidance and advice from members on this forum.

Please advise and thank you in advance.

Quantum Spark (SMB) 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you configured DNS servers here?

image.png

0 Kudos
andrews
Explorer

Hi @PhoneBoy . Thanks for responding to my post. Unfortunately, what you have suggested was also tried. Still couldn't resolve the webpage on my VPN Client. However, I am also wondering if the Firewall policy is affecting the VPN client. Currently the firewall is loaded with the default policy. 

image.png

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What precisely is configured for DNS Servers for Remote Access users?
Have you verified the specified DNS server can resolve the relevant FQDN?
Have you confirmed that these settings apply when the client is connected? (e.g. with ipconfig /all or similar)

Have you done any tcpdumps to verify the traffic from the gateway to the relevant DNS server?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events