cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Blake
Participant

VM images and eval licences

Hi,

I recently did the CCSA course at one of Checkpoints ATCs, and I have the manual from the 3 day course, but no VM images so I can go through the labs. Is there a way to get these images, should the ATC provide them and eval licences?

Thanks a lot.

5 Replies
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

I think you can generat an eval license in the user center.

Add your account to a active customer account Then you can create an eval and you can download R80.20 install files.

Or ask your local Check Point partner.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
Chris_Blake
Participant

Hi, and thank you for replying.

I received eval licenses for the 3 devices in my lab setup:

SMS: 10.1.1.101

Gateway1: 10.1.1.2

Gateway2: 10.1.1.3

I added the licenses using Gaia on each device, but when I go to apply a policy it states the gateways are not licensed and installation fails.

SmartUpdate lists the licences for each device, but they are listed in red, even though the expiration is 30 days from now.

At present SmartUpdate is not able to reach the CPUC as internet access is another problem I am trying to resolve. Does it need to connect to Checkpoint to verify and activate the licences first?

Thanks

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Anyone can generate a 30 day evaluation license. See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/How-to-Request-an-Evaluation-License/m-p/40391#M8...

The release ISOs for R80.10 can be downloaded without a Software Subscription. 

Chris_Blake
Participant

Thanks for replying PhoneBoy, I managed to obtain a few evals from the user centre.
0 Kudos
Chris_Blake
Participant

I got the licenses working eventually, I just had to do some more reading.

Thanks

Chris

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events