Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cryptochrome
Contributor
Jump to solution

Usercenter Broken

Hi,

I've been trying to log into Usercenter for 1-2 weeks and always face the same problem: After logging in, the page seems to go into some kind of redirect or reload loop, resulting in an empty window and the browser trying to reload the page 1-2 times - per second!

Here is a GIF to get an idea:

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 12.53.26.gif

Needless to say, I tried various different browsers, from Chrome to Edge to Firefox and Safari, all with the same result. I tried in incognito window with all extensions disabled, to no avail. I even tried all of the above from three different computers. All macOS, btw.

This is completely blocking us right now, and it doesn't appear to be an issue on my end.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Which leaves one possibility: the account(s) used to sign in.
I tried looking up your email address in our Customer Center and can find no record of you.
This is highly unusual and would explain the behavior you are seeing.
Please reach out to Account Services to assist with this: https://help.checkpoint.com 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
cryptochrome
Contributor

UPDATE:

The issue has been resolved now. It turned out that Usercenter did not support the .io top level domain in email addresses. Apparently, there was no error handling for that in place, and the page went into that redirect loop.

They added support for .io domains, and I am now able to log in.

I thought I'd let you know, @PhoneBoy and @the_rock 

View solution in original post

20 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats odd if you have had these issues for 1-2 weeks now. I have instances where it asks me to log in multiple times (sort of gave up on that while ago lol), but usercenter works fine once logged in.

Are all people in your company having same issue?

Andy

0 Kudos
cryptochrome
Contributor

I just asked a colleague of mine and they can't login either. They get a different behavior, though:

unnamed.png

I am eventually getting this, after what feels like 12000 automatic page reloads:

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 14.18.04@2x.png

So something is obviously wrong at Check Point's end. 

Are they monitoring this forum? Or should I try with a support ticket?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

There is absolutely nothing wrong, trust me, it works 100%. As @_Val_ said, please try https://support.checkpoint.com

Andy

0 Kudos
cryptochrome
Contributor

That doesn't work. If I go through supportcenter.checkpoint.com and then try to do anything account-related (like going to ParnterMap), it still goes to usercenter.checkpoint.com and I get the redirect loop. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im fairly positive its something in your environment. Do this...turn off wireless on your phone, just have data enabled and try, see what happens.

Andy

0 Kudos
cryptochrome
Contributor

HTTP 502 errors are server-side errors. Google it. 

We tried from multiple locations, networks, and PCs. It's not a problem on our end. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

No need to Google it, I know very well what it means lol

Honestly, at this point, I would call and speak with TAC, see what they say.

Andy

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Is it a single PC or all endpoints you can try?

0 Kudos
cryptochrome
Contributor

It happens on multiple PCs and from multiple physical locations, with entirely different networks. 

The fact that we are getting HTTP 502 errors back from the site tells me there is something wrong on Check Point's end. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Respectfully, I have to disagree with that. If something was wrong on CP end, I, along with 1000s other customers, would have EXACT same issue.

Andy

0 Kudos
cryptochrome
Contributor

Just because it works for you and "many others" doesn't mean it works for everyone. You might end up on entirely different webservers of CP than I. Here, these are very clear indicators that something is wrong on CP's side - 502 errors (indicating server errors, as you probably know), and some other weird error message produced by CP's server:

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 14.18.04@2x.png

unnamed.png

If you don't know what's wrong, that's ok. But it doesn't help if you tell me the problem I am seeing doesn't exist. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I dont think anything is wrong on CP side, but you can certainly investigate further with TAC.

Andy

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Also, try accessing https://support.checkpoint.com/ and see if you have the same issue or not.

(1)
cryptochrome
Contributor

It works fine on support and supportcenter, but the second I navigate to something that involves usercenter or account management, I get redirected to usercenter.checkpoint.com, where the problem is still present. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The problem you are highlighting does not appear to be widespread.
As a first step, I recommend deleting all cookies from the following sites in your browser:

• login.checkpoint.com
  • accounts.checkpoint.com
  • iam-sso.checkpoint.com

If after doing so, you're still having issues, please provide your exact login flow from step 1 with screenshots/video so we can see exactly what's happening.

0 Kudos
cryptochrome
Contributor

Deleted all cookies, cleared cache, and went straight to https://usercenter.checkpoint.com

This is the result:

I want to stress again that this exact behavior happens across different browsers, different PCs (well, Macs, actually) and physical locations, e.g. different internet providers. Even when bypassing local firewalls and going straight out. Whatever we do, it makes no difference. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Which leaves one possibility: the account(s) used to sign in.
I tried looking up your email address in our Customer Center and can find no record of you.
This is highly unusual and would explain the behavior you are seeing.
Please reach out to Account Services to assist with this: https://help.checkpoint.com 

0 Kudos
cryptochrome
Contributor

Thank you. Someone in the partner team who is onboarding us mentioned something similar a few minutes ago. She said they were unable to create my user. 

I'll reach out to account services. Thanks PhoneBoy!

(1)
cryptochrome
Contributor

UPDATE:

The issue has been resolved now. It turned out that Usercenter did not support the .io top level domain in email addresses. Apparently, there was no error handling for that in place, and the page went into that redirect loop.

They added support for .io domains, and I am now able to log in.

I thought I'd let you know, @PhoneBoy and @the_rock 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Glad its solved.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events